Total Pageviews

2018/06/01

First Sunday after Trinity - 2018



The First Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119
Beati immaculati
BLESSED are those that are undefiled in the way : and walk in the law of the Lord.
2. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies : and seek him with their whole heart.
3. For they who do no wickedness : walk in his ways.
4. Thou hast charged : that we shall diligently keep thy commandments.
5. O that my ways were made so direct : that I might keep thy statutes!
6. So shall I not be confounded : while I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7. I will thank thee with an unfeigned heart : when I shall have learned the judgements of thy righteousness.
8. I will keep thy ceremonies : O forsake me not utterly.

The Collect.
O GOD, the strength of all them that put their trust in thee, mercifully accept our prayers; and because through the weakness of our mortal nature we can do no good thing without thee, grant us the help of thy grace, that in keeping of thy commandments we may please thee, both in will and deed; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Jeremiah 23.23-32
Psalter: Psalm 1, 5 | 2, 3, 4
Epistle Reading: 1 John 4.7-21
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 16.19-31


If you’re ministering at a small church (250 or less) I have two books to recommend for you. I found both (by the same author) very encouraging and heart-lifting. Here are my reviews:

The Grasshopper Myth

Small Church Essentials

No comments: