Total Pageviews

2018/06/22

Fourth Sunday after Trinity (St. John Baptist - 24 June, St. Peter - 29 June) - 2018



The Fourth Sunday after Trinity.
Psalm 119.25-32
Adhaesit pavimento
MY SOUL cleaveth to the dust * O quicken thou me, according to thy word.
26. I have acknowledged my ways, and thou heardest me * O teach me thy statutes.
27. Make me to understand the way of thy commandments * and so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
28. My soul melteth away for very heaviness * comfort thou me according unto thy word.
29. Take from me the way of lying * and cause thou me to make much of thy law.
30. I have chosen the way of truth * and thy judgements have I laid before me.
31. I have stuck unto thy testimonies * O Lord, confound me not.
32. I will run the way of thy commandments * when thou hast set my heart at liberty.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost;
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.

The Collect.
O GOD, the protector of all that trust in thee, without whom nothing is strong, nothing is holy; Increase and multiply upon us thy mercy; that, thou being our ruler and guide, we may so pass through things temporal, that we finally lose not the things eternal: Grant this, O heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ’s sake our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading: Lamentations 3.22-33
Psalter: Psalm 19, 20 | 24, 25
Epistle Reading: Romans 8.18-23
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 6.36-42



Saint John Baptist’s Day (June 24)

The Collect
Almighty God, by whose providence thy servant John Baptist was wonderfully born, and sent to prepare the way of they Son our Saviour, by preaching of repentance: Make us so to follow his doctrine and holy life, that we may truly repent according to his preaching, and after his example constantly speak the truth, boldly rebuke vice, and patiently suffer for the truth’s sake; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Old Testament Reading (For the Epistle): Isaiah 40.1-11
Gospel Reading: Luke 1.57-80


Saint Peter the Apostle (29 June)

The Collect
O almighty God, who by thy Son Jesus Christ didst give to thy Apostle Saint Peter many excellent gifts, and commandedst him earnestly to feed thy flock: Make, we beseech thee, all Bishops and Pastors diligently to preach thy holy Word, and the people obediently to follow the same, that they may receive the crown of everlasting glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Epistle Reading: Acts 12.1-11
Gospel Reading: Matthew 16.13-19


No comments: