The Second Sunday after Trinity.
Jude 1-4, 24-25
Qui sunt in Deo Patre dilectis
To them that are sanctified by God the Father, * and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Mercy unto you, and peace, * and love, be multiplied.
Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, *it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you
That ye should earnestly contend for the faith * which was once delivered unto the saints.
For there are certain men crept in unawares, * who were before of old ordained to this condemnation,
Ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, * and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, * and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, * dominion and power, both now and ever.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son * and to the Holy Ghost; As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be * world without end. Amen.
O LORD, who never failest to help and govern them who thou dost bring up in thy stedfast fear and love; Keep us, we beseech thee, under the protection of thy good providence, and make us to have a perpetual fear and love of thy holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Old Testament Reading: Genesis 6.5-18
Psalter: Psalm 12, 13 | 10, 11
Epistle Reading: 1 John 3.13-24
Gospel Reading: St. Luke 14.15-24
Saint Barnabas the Apostle
Beatus vir, qui non abiit, &c.
1. BLESSED is the man that hath not walked in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stood in the way of sinners : and hath not sat in the seat of the scornful.
2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord : and in his law will he exercise himself day and night.
3. And he shall be like a tree planted by the water-side : that will bring forth his fruit in due season.
4. His leaf also shall not wither : and look, whatsoever he doeth, it shall prosper.
5. As for the ungodly, it is not so with them : but they are like the chaff, which the wind scattereth away from the face of the earth.
6. Therefore the ungodly shall not be able to stand in the judgement : neither the sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
7. But the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous : and the way of the ungodly shall perish.
O Lord God Almighty, who didst endue thy holy Apostle Barnabas with singular gifts of the Holy Ghost; Leave us not, we beseech thee, destitute of thy manifold gifts, nor yet of grace to use them alway to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Epistle Reading: Acts 11.22-30
Gospel Reading: John 15.12-16